How to fix Twitch.tv not loading for Bell users
Last updated on March 26th, 2020 at 02:24 am
then your ISP may be to blame. For me, I use Bell Internet and a lot of people are reporting problems with Bell Internet and Twitch.tv where either Twitch.tv fails to load completely or shows a blank or white page, or it doesn’t even complete the DNS lookup and your browser says that the DNS lookup failed.
This problem is common among Bell Internet users and the Bell ISP is to blame for this. The DNS lookup servers on the Bell network are blocking Twitch.tv requests most of the time. Why they do this is not known, but perhaps it’s to save bandwidth as Twitch.tv consumes a lot of bandwidth.
The fix for this is easy and simple, all you have to do is switch your DNS server to Google’s public DNS.
How to switch to Google’s Public DNS in Windows
- Click on the Start button
- Search for Network and Sharing Center and open it
- Click on Change adapter settings in the top left corner
- Right click on your adapter and click Properties
- Scroll down until you see Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click it
- Click the Properties button
- At the bottom, select Use the following DNS server addresses
- In the Preferred DNS server textbox type in 126.96.36.199
- Click OK and click OK again
- Try and load Twitch.tv and it should work now