I recently had a problem where I could not get any sound to play when I was watching YouTube videos or playing flash games in Google Chrome. Other browsers, like FireFox and Opera worked fine. The cause of this bug comes from the newest flash player, version 11.3. This bug was really annoying because I had tried many solutions, but none had worked until I tried disabling all, but one of the flash player plugins.
I noticed that I had 3 different flash player plugins running in Google Chrome and thought that 1 should be enough. So I decided to disable 2 of the flash player plugins and leave one running and it worked! I had fixed my issue with no sound from Google Chrome when watching YouTube videos.
- Open a new tab and navigate to chrome://plugins/
- At the top right, click on +Details
- Scroll down until you see Flash
- Disable all the flash player plugins, but the one with the directory MacromedFlashNPSWF32_11_3_300_268.dll
- Open a new tab and go to YouTube
- Watch a video and you should be able to hear sound
Tired of having to search Google for problems like these and clicking through many links just to find the solution? Then go to http://www.ifixwiki.com/
, a community-run website dedicated to providing solutions to problems, issues, and errors that occur in everyday situations from software like Windows 7 to hardware like a bicycle.