How to use your PS3 controller as an Xbox 360 controller
Keyboard and mouse gaming is great for certain games, but some games, like racing games for example, are better enjoyed with a controller.
If you have an Xbox 360 controller then it’s as simple as plugging it into your Windows-based PC via USB cable and using it. If you have a PS3 controller, however, then it’s a different scenario.
Luckily, there’s a program called MotioninJoy which lets you use your PS3 controller on your PC. You can download it here.
After you download it, simply follow these instructions to get it up and running:
- Download MotioninJoy
- Extract the archive anywhere
- Run the setup file
- Run DS3 Tool
- Driver manager
- Connect the PS3 controller to your PC via USB cable
- Select the port that showed up after you connected your PS3 controller
- Click Load Driver
- Click on profiles
- Make sure the mode selected is Xinput-Default Xbox 360 controller emulator
- Now you can use your PS3 controller as though it’s an Xbox 360 controller
You can also use your controller wirelessly if you have a Bluetooth adapter. It only costs $2 if you don’t have one. If have a Bluetooth adapter and you want to use your controller wirelessly then follow these instructions:
- Connect your Bluetooth adapter to your PC
- Click on the Bluetooth pair tab
- Click Pair now
- Remove the USB cable from your PS3
- You should now be able to use your controller wirelessly